Annette Baldwin always presents an impeccable performance…..we never miss her at the annual Chautauqua.
Whether it be a portrayal or a lecture, it’s always a stunning performance.
For Susan B. Anthony
I thought Susan B. Anthony had been reincarnated.
Susan B. Anthony was a hit in Maryland. You bring so much energy and preparation to the program; your enthusiasm for the character is contagious.
Scholars, as you, make our job easy to provide high quality programs to New Hampshire citizens.
As always, a great performance.
This isn’t just a good show. It makes you want to find out more.
Remarkable! A wonderful and historical learning process.
For Coco Chanel
Incredible! You Are la grande mademoiselle!
Spectacular! We all felt Chanel was in the same room with us.
Your Coco Chanel was top notch!
I have seldom seen an audience so enthusiastic. They not only loved meeting Coco, they loved meeting Annette. I appreciate your professionalism and how well you worked with the audience and the way you respected my time constraints.
Thank you for your portrayal of Coco Chanel on campus today. Several people called me or stopped by to tell me how knowledgeable you were, how much history was conveyed, and how they loved the way you engaged the audience. They told me they had forgotten they were sitting in Jenkins Auditorium.
(Letter written to Lisle, IL, Library District) Thank you so much for your efforts in bringing Annette Baldwin and Coco Chanel to the Lisle Public Library. It was a delightful evening and I was absolutely enthralled with her performance. Ms Baldwin inhabited her character in such a way as to completely deny any possibility of anyone else under that hat but Chanel.
A vivacious presentation of Coco Chanel.
Your humor and lightheartedness combined with a true professionalism makes working with you a true pleasure.
I was so enthralled by what Annette Baldwin can do on a stage, I want to see it [Chanel] again. Annette knows fashion.
What a fabulous Coco you are!
For Jane Addams
Your Jane Addams was among our library’s stand-out programs for 2014.
The rapt attention of the overflow audience at both of your performances was testimony of your ability to bring Miss Addams to life.
Your Jane Addams was stunning; not only well performed, but exceptionally well written.
A compelling portrayal. Both students and faculty remarked on how impressibe your presentation was.
A fully fleshed-out impersonation, beautifully performed.
A stirring portrayal.
Catch this program (Jane Addams) if Baldwin shows up in your town.
For Louise Nevelson
Thank you again for a superb presentation. Greeley has fallen in love with you, as well as the many characters you have introduced to us.
Beautifully presented. -Annette is one of the best performers able to answer questions in character.
Outstanding artistry and presentation
My attention never wavered! Wow! Beautifully presented.
Baldwin WAS Nevelson!
For Dorothy Thompson
Annette Baldwin mesmerized us with her portrayal of Thompson.
Excellent! Fantastic! Her voice is needed today.
I felt as if I was actually listening to Dorothy and sitting in her home.
Informative! Funny! Thought provoking!
For Elizabeth Van Lew
Your dead-on portrayal of Elizabeth Van Lew was simply amazing?
A top-notch example of meticulous research and artistry.
Flawlessly recreated….as enjoyable as it was interesting.
Our library will remember it as one of our very best.
For The Long Road to Victory
Rave reviews by all who attended the convention.
Excellent….well researched, well constructed, cleverly changed costumes.
Thank you for your great performance. You were a pleasure to work with, and I highly recommend you.
A beautiful program…nothing but raves.
An entertaining and insightful hour.
The suffragettes arrived magically during an engaging monologue.
Having now seen three of your presentations I think I qualify as a Baldwin “groupy.” You do a wonderful job of educating, inspiring and entertaining.
Please accept my deep appreciation for your remarkable recreations of the strengths and visions of the leaders of the suffrage movement and reminding me of the debt I owe them.
For Literary Lovers
You produced the illusion of a much larger cast. Everyone felt that they learned a lot about the authors…the ideal result of a library program.
Comments from former library programmers at the following Illinois public libraries
Professional and entertaining, beautifully presented.
An excellent, production reflecting a study of history and the careers of these famous couples.
Delightful and entertaining. Our audience loved it!
As always, a great performance.
For The Arts & the Art of Dressing: 1920s Style
Hypnotic! Your devotion to beauty and fashion and your incredible presentation was truly a work of art. The time flew by. We could have sat all afternoon. I find myself looking at color, design, fashion in a whole new light.
Based on the feedback from both my staff and our customers, who attended your program The Arts and the Art of Dressing: 1920s Style was a wonderful success. Below are several of the glowing comments we received from customers.
- Wonderful presenter: knowledgeable, great sense of humor, really connected with the attendees. 4-star program!! So great that she had vintage clothing, jewelry, hats and shoes of the 1920s.
- She was excellent. I enjoyed her program very much.
- Well prepared.
- The speaker was delightful and the program was very informative and interesting. I loved seeing the [PowerPoint] photos and the vintage clothing she showed.
- She was very passionate and knowledgeable about the topic. Fun to listen to.
- The speaker was very interesting and funny
- Very interesting and informative. An excellent presentation.
- I enjoyed everything about the program and the speaker!
- I enjoyed this entertaining, but informative program. The speaker was passionate about her subject. Her presentation covered the material very well. I especially liked her display and discussion of her personal collection. I would like to see her presentation of Coco Chanel.
William Rainey Harper College, Palatine, Illinois, Class Comments
- Beautifully presented. Gorgeous objects reinforced this excellent presentation. An exceptional speaker; very informed on her subject.
- I loved the course. Very informative and very uplifting. A delightful course. The dresses were spectacular.
- Annette Baldwin is an exceptional speaker and very informed on her subject.
- What a great program. [Annette] loves her material, and it is infectious.
- Annette knows her subject. Beautifully presented. Gorgeous objects reinforced the excellent presentation.
- I liked the comparing of art to clothes, just as the subject suggests.
- Good history. Very informative and well done.
The Carnegie Library: Treasures on the Landscape
Harper College Class Comments
- Well researched and presented
- I enjoyed the knowledge and the excitement of the presenter for her topic
- The [PowerPoint] photos were excellent – marvelous.
- I would take almost any class this lady offers.
Magnificent Collaboration: Julia Morgan, Architect & William Randolph Hearst, Client
Your presentation for the Glen Ellyn Book Club was new and refreshing. Combining historical fact, your life experiences, and visuals, along with interest and timing, made our event very memorable. Please return to us.
Hearst Castle: Home or Museum
Our members were enthralled with the visual presentation on Hearst Castle. Not only were the images and lecture content stunning and insightful, but we had another 30+ minutes of group discussion after the lecture ended. That’s the sign of an engaging presentation! It’s always a pleasure having Annette at our podium!